|Net Worth:||$145 Million|
|DOB:||September 27, 1982|
|Country of Origin:||Paris, France|
|Occupation:||Singer-lyricist, Actor, Public Activist, Diplomat|
|Died:||1 October 2018|
|Last Updated:||Oct 2018|
Charles Aznavour’s Net Worth, Life & Quotes.
Charles Aznavour’s net worth as of 2018 is $145 million.
List of Charles Aznavour’s Honours;
- 1995 – Grand Medal of the French Academy
- 1997 – Officier (Officer) of the Legion of Honour
- 2004 – Commandeur (Commander) of the Legion of Honour
- 2004 – National Hero of Armenia
- 2004 – Officer of the Order of Leopold
- 2008 – Honorary Officer of the Order of Canada
- 2008 – Citizenship of the Republic of Armenia
- 2009 – Officer of the National Order of Quebec
- 2015 – Commander in the Belgian Order of the Crown
- 2017 – Raoul Wallenberg Medal
List of Charles Aznavour’s Awards;
- 1963, 1971, and 1980 – Edison Awards (three-time award winner)
- 1971 – Golden Lion Honorary Award at the Venice Film Festival for the Italian version of the song Mourir d’aimer
- 1995 – Ambassador of Goodwill and Permanent Delegate of Armenia to UNESCO
- 1996 – Induction into the Songwriters Hall of Fame
- 1997 – French Victoire award for Male Artist of the Year
- 1997 – Honorary César Award
- 2009 – MIDEM Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2009 – Grigor Lusavorich award of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic
- 2009 – Honorary Doctorate from the University of Montreal
- 2010 – Honorary order from Russia “For contributing to strengthening cultural relations between Russia and France”
- 2014 – Special Prize named after Rouben Mamoulian of the “Hayak” National Film Awards in Armenia for “his great contribution to world cinema”
- 2016 – Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Performance, located at 6225 Hollywood Boulevard
Charles Aznavour’s Early Life.
Charles Aznavour was born Shahnour Varinag Aznavourian on May 22 1924 in Paris, France to Armenian Immigrants father Michael Aznavourian and mother Knar Baghdasarian. Both his parents were professional performers in Armenia before they fled to Paris in 1920. Due to his parent’s music background, they introduced him to music and performance at an early age, he later dropped out of school at the age of nine (9) to pursue music, he took the stage name “Aznavour”
Charles Aznavour’s Career.
Aznavour started performing on stages from a very young age and was already used to performance before he started his musical career. Aznavour’s first written song was entitled J’ai Bu in 1950, prior to that, he was a professional dancer and performed in various nightclubs, in 1944, he and actor Pierre Roche worked together as a team and performed in numerous nightclubs. The kick-start of his musical career can be attributed to his acquaintance with Edith Piaf who hired him as her assistant. They toured together around the US, he used to open for her down the line wrote lots of songs for her. He recorded over 91 studio albums, recorded and co-wrote musicals, most of his songs were about love, humanity and life. He was a versatile artist, he sang in many languages (French, English, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Armenian, Neapolitan and Kabyle).
Edith Piaf introduced him to music-industry executives. He soon developed a style of hos own that uniquely identified him and set him apart from other singers. He was propelled into stardom when he released his song ‘Sur Ma Vie’ in 1956. He kept releasing compositions such as ‘Tu t’laisses aller’ (1960), ‘Il faut savoir’ (1961), ‘La mamma’ (1963), ‘Hier encore’ (1964), ‘Emmenez-moi’ (1967), and ‘et Désormais’ (1969). Due to his talent in performing, he ventured in films and appeared in movies such as ‘Un taxi pour Tobrouk’(1960), ‘Thomas l’imposteur’ (1964), ‘Paris au mois d’août’ (1966), and ‘Le Temps des loups’ (1969).
Charles was dubbed “France’s Frank Sinatra”.
He became a major success in the United Kingdom with his song “She” which peaked number 1 on the UK Singles Chart for 4 consecutive weeks. The list of artists who have worked with Aznavour on his songs and collaborated with him includes Édith Piaf, Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, Andrea Bocelli, Bing Crosby, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, Dusty Springfield, Liza Minnelli, Mia Martini, Elton John, Dalida, Serge Gainsbourg, Josh Groban, Petula Clark, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, José Carreras, Laura Pausini, Nana Mouskouri and Julio Iglesias. Even at his old age, Azvanour kept doing music and touring the world. Between 2006 and 2018, he toured US, Canada, Japan, Asia, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Armenia, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Vienna, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Haiti, Tokyo, Osaka, Madrid, Milano, Rome, St. Petersburg, Paris, London, Amsterdam and Monaco
Today, Charles Aznavour’s net worth is $145 million.
Charles Aznavour’s Media Section
Charles Aznavour – She performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ntmZJCWOA https://www.instagram.com/p/BMARgjmASSC/?hl=en&taken-by=charlesaznavour_official [ad name=”HTML”] https://www.instagram.com/p/BL2XN9ugtio/?taken-by=charlesaznavour_official https://www.instagram.com/p/BiZMXA1Ab5T/?taken-by=charlesaznavour_official [ad name=”HTML”] https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZ02sRhtxD/?taken-by=charlesaznavour_official
Inspiring Quotes from Charles Aznavour
“Live now. Tomorrow, who knows?” – Charles Aznavour
“Only the dead likes their beautiful gravestones.” – Charles Aznavour
“We need to get rid of the puzzle that we see once in a lifetime.” – Charles Aznavour
“Even if one believes that there is nothing to expect, we always expect something or someone.” – Charles Aznavour
Charles Aznavour has written over 1300 songs and recorded over 1,400, sung in eight languages and sold more than 180 million records. Aznavour has had a long and varied parallel career as an actor, appearing in over 60 films.
Today, Charles Aznavour’s net worth is $145 million.
We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us! Photo Credits: (Please contact if you want images removed)
Please, fix the DoB! Shame!